We all want a happy life, and we all know that having a positive attitude feels better than a negative one. But for some reason, we are all attracted to and can be easily drawn to the negative side. How do we go about to establish a more positive attitude as a daily habit?
Foremost, we need to believe Happiness is a Choice
This is a hard one at first. But truly one can choose to be happy, I have tried it and is one of the greatest things I’ve done for myself.
When you find yourself in a bad situation, please know that it’s up to you to find the good, to be happy regardless of what’s happening around. Try not to point fingers or place blame. Realize that everything happens how it happens and it’s up to you to choose how you want to feel about it. This way, you are in control of your happiness level and no one can take that away from you.
“Good enough is the new perfect.”
Reinforce Positivity in yourself
Positive thinking can be one of the most powerful weapons one can have. We are living in a brutally competitive world where a minor slip can result into voyage to abyss. Each one of us has this constant need of love, admiration and acceptance. However, people often fall victim to outbursts, anger, fear and dislikes. All these elements are mere manifestations of our negative thoughts. But the thing with negativity is that, the more you express it, the more you attract it. That’s where power of positive thinking comes into the picture.
There is the positive aspect in everything. In every person, in every situation, there is something good. Most of the time, it’s not all that obvious. We have to look. And sometimes we have to look hard. If you really take the time to look, you will usually find something good, something really positive, about every person or situation.
"Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you"
Simple suggestions and tips to develop positive attitude:
- Be natural and be happy with what you are and what you have
- Choose to be and stay optimistic.
- Find reasons to smile more often.
- Have faith in yourself and in the Power of the Universe.
- Contemplate upon the futility of negative thinking and worries.
- Associate yourself with happy people.
- Read inspiring stories.
- Read inspiring quotes.
- Repeat affirmations that inspire and motivate you.
- Visualize only what you want to happen.
- Develop a healthy eating and sleeping schedule
- Learn concentration and meditation.
- Take some time and be thankful. Be thankful about what you have, who you are, and what your life is like.
-Share happiness with others